2018 Band Camp Dates
Reminder: Band camp is mandatory for all marching band members!
Aug 6-7 (9am-5pm) Rookie Camp — required for all first-year marchers and all section leaders!
Aug 6-10 (9am-5pm) Percussion
Aug 6-10 (9am-5pm) Colorguard
Aug 8-10 (9am-4pm) Full Band
Aug 13-17 (8:30am-8:30pm) Full Band Camp — Required for everyone!
Aug 20 (8am-12pm) Percussion
Aug 21 (8am-12pm) Full Band
Aug 23 (8am-12pm) Full Band
Aug 24 First Home Game (Call time TBA) — Kickoff 7pm
All members should have the following ready to turn in on the first day of camp:
- Check/cash $50 (checks to AHSBA) for band dues.
- Check or cash for shows, lyres, and/or flip folders. (No shoes will be ordered without payment.) Returning members: find your shoes and make sure they still fit!
- Other required forms: Attendance Contract, Student/Parent Agreement, Medical Release Form, Marching Band Order Form)
Important: It will be hot! We will be outside most most days. You will need to protect yourself against heat/sun.
This includes having the following items:
- Hat (preferably mesh)
- Sunscreen (SPF 60+) — don’t forget to reapply!
- Comfortable Clothing (preferably light-colored)
- Water Bottle
- Tennis Shoes/Sneakers & Socks (No flip flops, they are impossible to march in.)
Be like the drumline, dress for the heat (and for marching!)
Band Camp 2017 Pictures