Reminder: Band Camp is mandatory for all 2019 AHS marching band members!
Band Camp 2019 will take place during the weeks of July 29-August 2 and August 5-August 9, 2019.
Monday, July 29th– Leadership (Drum Majors, Captains, Section Leaders) (8:30am-1pm)
Tuesday, July 30th– Leadership, Percussion (Drumline & Front Ensemble) (8:30am-4pm)
Wednesday, July 31st– All Freshman, Percussion, Leadership (8:30am-4pm)
Thursday, August 1st– All Freshman, Percussion, Leadership (8:30am-4pm)
Friday, August 2nd– ALL BAND MEMBERS (8:30am-4pm)
Monday, August 5th– All Band Members (8:30am-4pm)
Band Camp needs Parent Volunteers
All members should have the following ready to turn in on the first day of camp:
- Check/cash $100 (checks to AHSBA) for band dues.
- Check or cash for shoes. (No shoes will be ordered without payment.) Returning members: find your shoes and make sure they still fit!
- Other required forms: Student/Parent Agreement, Medical Release & Field Trip Travel Form, Marching Band Order Form) You will find these forms here…
Important: It will be hot! We will be outside most most days. You will need to protect yourself against heat/sun.
This includes having the following items:
- Hat (preferably mesh)
- Sunscreen (SPF 60+) — don’t forget to reapply!
- Comfortable Clothing (preferably light-colored)
- Water Bottle
- Tennis Shoes/Sneakers & Socks (No flip flops, they are impossible to march in.)
Be like the drumline, dress for the heat (and for marching!)
Band Camp 2017 Pictures