2019 Band Camp Dates
Reminder: Band camp is mandatory for all marching band members!
Preliminary 2019 band camp dates are the weeks of July 29-August 2 and August 5-August 9, 2019.
— This is not quite official yet, but should be confirmed by the end of March. There may be additional evening practices the week of August 12-16, but not all-day practices.
Band camp days are typically 8:30am to 8:30pm, but the first week is likely to be shorter.
All members should have the following ready to turn in on the first day of camp:
- Check/cash $50 (checks to AHSBA) for band dues.
- Check or cash for shows, lyres, and/or flip folders. (No shoes will be ordered without payment.) Returning members: find your shoes and make sure they still fit!
- Other required forms: Attendance Contract, Student/Parent Agreement, Medical Release Form, Marching Band Order Form)
Important: It will be hot! We will be outside most most days. You will need to protect yourself against heat/sun.
This includes having the following items:
- Hat (preferably mesh)
- Sunscreen (SPF 60+) — don’t forget to reapply!
- Comfortable Clothing (preferably light-colored)
- Water Bottle
- Tennis Shoes/Sneakers & Socks (No flip flops, they are impossible to march in.)
Be like the drumline, dress for the heat (and for marching!)
Band Camp 2017 Pictures