Just a reminder that all students should report to the band room by 6pm on Friday evening (August 26th). Please be on time so we can rehearse as many stands tunes as possible before the game.
Students should wear their band T-shirt, jeans (shorts or pants but if they are shorts they need to be dress code appropriate), and tennis shoes.
Parents, if you’re planning on going to the game you can park at ABTech or the student parking lot at AHS.
Band members are required to stay for the entire game and typically finish around 9:30pm.
Please wait for your child outside the band room rather than coming in. It gets extremely crowded with 160 members so only students will be allowed in the band room after the game.
Students, we have a few rules for the stands:
- Absolutely no one in the band section other than band members.
- Playing during the game is a performance and your attention should be directed to what is going on on the field.
- You will have time to socialize with friends during half time. No food or drink in the stands until half time.
- Once halftime is finished all trash needs to be thrown away, and no food or drink through the remainder of the game. Water, of course, is permitted at all times.
- Make sure you have all of your music.
- Stay in your section for the entire game.
- Do not play anyone else’s instrument at any time.
- And most importantly, have fun! We can be ready to play and represent ourselves positively while also having a great time. 🙂